CANTERBURY SECONDARY SCHOOLS TRIATHLON
PROVISIONAL 2018 RESULTS CLICK HERE
- Date: TBC March 2019
- 09:00 - registration opens
- 10:00 All males
- 10:30 All females
- 11:00 All teams
- Prize giving will follow as soon as results are processed after the final athletes finish
- There are medals for individuals and teams + trophies for the individuals
- Venue: Scarborough by the clocktower
- Distances: 350m swim / 9km bike / 3km run - draft legal for individuals non drafting for teams
- The format will be all ages groups start together so there will be:
- All Male individuals race together
- All Females individuals race together
- All teams race together (we will split into male/female if number warrant it)
- Entry -
- Individuals $35 / Teams $45
- NOTE - ALL ENTRANTS MUST HAVE ONE VOLUNTEER FROM THEIR SCHOOL TO ASSIST WITH MARSHALLING. Without this happening we will not have a race.
- Race Age Categories: The age category for an individual is determined by their age on 1st January 2018.
- Individual divisions - Under 14, Under 16, Under 19.
- Team divisions - is taken as of the age of the oldest member of the team.
Race Timing: The timing for this event will be done manually and each entrant will receive a total event time only.
Medical: There will be a Medical Team on hand to deal with any medical issues that arise.
Race Cancellations: The race will be conducted on the day unless extreme weather conditions or other natural events prevail.
RACE RULES + SAFETY PLAN - CLICK HERE
Course Details / Maps:
SWIM - 350m course. Likely starting from the lifeboat ramp out to a buoy, turn left toward the exit by the steps in front of Ocean cafe (next to the clocktower) *if there are big waves and the swim cannot be held the swim will be replaced with a 1.5km run.
- right out of transition on Heberden
- right into Nayland
- left Head St
- right into Colenso
- 3 laps
- Along Colenso
- left into Wakefield
- left into Heberden (over a small hill) - this road is narrow
- left into Colenso
- After completing 3 laps of the above "triangle"
- Right into Head St (you must give way to traffic when turning right)
- Right into Nayland turns left into Heberden
- Left into transition
RUN - 2 laps on the promenade finishing in front of the clocktower.
Individuals and teams will race over the same distances
- DRAFTING is allowed on the bike for the individual and tag team event. There is NO DRAFTING for the relay teams
- In school championships disc wheels, tri spokes, wheel covers or deep rimmed wheels over 45mm (when measured from rim edge) are not permitted.
- All wheels must have a minimum of 12 spokes.
- No aero bars are allowed for individual or tag relay to ensure a safer ride